Wednesday 27 January 2010

23 Things

So, this is my new 23 things blog. I could make lofty promises about keeping it updated for longer, but as I struggle to keep my personal one active, they would be very empty.

Actually, one of the reasons I've decided to do 23 Things is to give me an imperative to keep on top of the many 2.0 activities I already do. Twitter, for example, which I never update despite having tweetdeck on my home computer - I am determined to break my habit of being an online lurker.

Ofcourse my other reason is to learn about the many applications out there that I'm either not aware of, or just not using for whatever reason. And already it's been worth it: my iGoogle page is proving invaluable as a place to store links/gadgets that I need to transfer between work and home. Plus, because I am impatient and ran on ahead as per, I'm really enjoying the googlereader gadget and the freedom it gives me to keep up with all the blogs I read in one place.

Being a 'young person' (well, youngish) I am already all over social networking (myspace, twitter, facebook) and, though this is my first blogspot blog, I've been on livejournal since the good ol' days of invite only (about 2001) so I'm relatively experience with blogging. Thanks to Livejournal, I've also been using de.lic.ious for years (and have resigned myself to the fact I will never be able to spell it right.)

And, looking at the summary I'm also comfortable with podcasts (Now Show, yeay!) and youtube and have a (very old) photobucket account for holding LJ layouts, so should take to flickr like a duck...

But I'm looking forward to learning more about RSS feeds in the coming weeks, as well as exploring googledocs which I've not actually used before.

No comments:

Post a Comment