Friday 5 February 2010

Thing 5 (and 6)

RSS feeds are another thing I've been using for a while, though not always through googlereader: being lazy and technologically inept, I started with the closest (and easiest) thing to hand, which was the windows mail application I have on my laptop. This was fine when I was only accessing the internet from that computer, but when I started working and thus wanting to access my feeds in new (and not-so exciting places, it became completely redundant.

And, again being lazy and inept, I stuck with the google account I already had and used reader. I'll admit I was hardly reading any blogs: our trainee one, and then a couple of writer ones (fantasy writer Neil Gaiman, who is very interesting (and funny) and often has unusual insights into the publishing world, Sarah Salway who is a favourite writer of mine and posts alot of what she calls 'snaps' - microfictions of 50 words or less.)

As well as 23 Things though, I have now increased that list, mainly adding other trainee's blogs, couple of SSL staff members who are doing 23 things and updating regularly, that kind of thing.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I have learnt this week, to my eternal joy, is how many Neil Gaiman fans there seem to be in the libraries!

    Although I should really have suspected - I went to the American Library Association conference last July and Neil Gaiman was there, and his signing queues were massive! Naturally I waited along with the rest to get my signed copy of The Graveyard Book, with my name inscribed in a hand-drawn headstone :)

    ReplyDelete