Friday 26 February 2010

Thing 11 - Podcasts

So, podcasts. As entertainment, I have been harvesting podcasts since second/third year (whenever the 'Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy' podcast started) I listen to them mainly at night, as an alternative to reading a book or something, and these days am subscribed to a couple (Jonathan Ross, Rhod Gilbert and Front Row.)

I subscribe using itunes, for simplicities sake as much as anything else, but one definite upside of this is that I can keep them for as long as I want (I have about 2 years woirth of News Quiz's and the last six months of Russell Brand's old show) . I am not sure if this is possible with googlereader, and as it's so easy to use itunes I probably won't find out.

As you can see, I like my podcasts for entertainment: I approve of the idea of using them educationall in a library setting, and think it can be a great learning tool

No comments:

Post a Comment