Thursday 4 March 2010

Thing 12: Youtube

Youtube is definitely one of the best things about the internet, without question. I could live without the lazy social interaction, the easy to come-by reading material, even the publishing space, but if I couldn't spend a random day watching the entire series of a dodgy kids television show I haven't thought about in ten years, I don't know how I would could cope (or chase down every weird and wonderful music video from my teenage years, or old spice girl interviews, or cats falling off things....) To this end, I have a youtube account, complete with playlists, favourites and subscriptions.


I had seen educational youtube channels before (I somehow stumbled across the Nottingham one and then started searching) but I had never really thought to explore them. I think the idea of them is great, though I didn't actually find any I found that interesting personally. I don't know that it is as well publicised as it should be, seeing as I stumbled across it accidently and i've noticed a couple of people on 23 Things hadn't heard of it at all.

And now I will leave you with one of my all-time favourite music videos, starring the wonderful Christopher Eccleston and...well....nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment